Amy joined the firm in January 2006 as a senior accountant and was promoted to tax manager in 2012. She heads the firm’s Tax department and is responsible for the overall management of the department. Amy provides taxation and consulting services to individuals and businesses, and is a member of the firm’s State and Local Taxation (SALT) committee. She has assisted clients with all phases of business, including setup, bookkeeping improvements, mergers, sales and acquisitions, and dissolution.
Amy believes in serving as an advisor, taking a genuine interest in her clients and asking the kind of questions that help her learn what is important to them. She also has a special interest in the training, development, and mentoring of staff.
Prior to joining SW, Amy served as operations manager of a local insurance agency and as hospital administrator for a family-owned veterinary practice. Previously, she worked in the audit department at KPMG in Rochester, NY.
- Startup Companies and Small Business
- Federal and NYS Tax Credits
- State and Local Taxation (SALT)
Education and Professional Designations
- BBA in Accounting, The College of William and Mary
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Leadership Tompkins Graduate
- Ithaca Babe Ruth League, Board of Directors Member and Treasurer
- SPCA of Tompkins County, Board of Directors Member
- Beechtree Care Center, Treasurer