We are seeking an experienced, dedicated client service bookkeeper. Responsibilities include bookkeeping services for clients, which include but are not limited to: payroll, A/P, A/R, bank reconciliations, sales tax returns, budgeting, and preparation of Form 1099. The bookkeeper will be able to enter source data into QuickBooks, generate financial statements, maintain client contact, and participate in new client development.
The right candidate will have the following experience and attributes:
- Strong knowledge of QuickBooks, Excel, and Word
- Ability to read and understand financial statements
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well as a team and independently
- Demonstrated history of reliability
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality
Sciarabba Walker offers a competitive salary and a full benefits package including health, dental, life, and long-term disability as well as a 401(k) retirement plan with company matching.
Sciarabba Walker & Co., LLP is currently seeking a Staff Accountant to join our growing practice. The position will be responsible for performing portions of audits and preparing a variety of income tax returns.
- Audit, review, and compilation fieldwork and report preparation
- Engagement planning and administrative tasks
- Unaudited financial statement engagements or segments of audits
- Preparing individual, business, fiduciary, and other tax returns
- Assisting in tax planning and responding to tax notices
- Progressing professionally by working toward passing the CPA exam
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or similar field
- Proficiency in relevant applications including QuickBooks, Thomson Reuters Suite, Adobe, and Microsoft Office
- CPAs or CPA exam candidate
- Professional oral and written communication skills
Sciarabba Walker & Co., LLP is currently seeking an Intern to join our growing practice. The position will be responsible for preparing a variety of income tax returns.
- Sorting incoming client tax documents in preparation for scanning into tax software
- Becoming proficient in and prepare individual tax returns to meet government requirements and deadlines
- Assisting with the extension process for individual client tax returns
- Obtaining a working knowledge of research techniques and resources within the firm and assist with research
- Participating in tax training sessions to increase working knowledge of tax preparation software
- Junior and senior year Accounting majors with GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Minimum 20 hours per week; hours are flexible