We are currently seeking a tax manager to join our growing tax practice. The ideal candidate will have 5 or more years of experience preparing corporate, partnership, and individual income tax returns. A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Enrolled Agent (EA) designation is preferred but not required. Candidates with industry/controller experience who are interested in a career in public accounting will be considered.
The tax manager is responsible for a wide range of assignments including tax planning, consulting, and projections; preparation of complex business income tax returns; review of returns of varying complexity; training and mentoring of staff; client service; and practice development.
The right candidate will have the following experience and attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or similar field with 5+ years of experience
- CPA or EA designation preferred but not required
- Strong technical skills and ability to research tax issues
- Excellent communication skills and experience successfully managing client relationships
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- A desire to advance in public accounting
We take a team approach in our work, reviewing and supporting coworkers and providing excellent customer service to our clients. Practice areas include international tax services, credit unions, high technology and startup companies, hospitality, manufacturing, nonprofit organizations, and medical and professional practices.
Sciarabba Walker offers a competitive salary and a full benefits package including health, dental, life, and long-term disability as well as a 401(k) retirement plan with company matching.